Underground Mod Obscurity from South Africa
• South African take on the London Beat scene, mixing British beat, R&B, reggae and funk
• “Reggae Shh!” and “Reggae Meadowlands” - both issued on 45 in the UK and Italy - became huge underground hits on the Mod scene.
• Zorro Five were top-flight session musicians whose once-off inspiration won them the 1971 South African Recording Industry award for “Best Beat Group”
• Zane Cronje (organ, keyboards) was a prolific composer, Johnny Fourie (guitar) was later called out by John McLoughlin as “one of the greatest guitar players of our epoque”.
• First international release as 180 heavyweight black vinyl
Includes unlimited streaming of Jump Uptight
via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more.